First off, if you are reading this you have come to the right place. We are a team of high quality and affordable web designers who can handle your project from start to finish. It is important to be as prepared as possible when designing a new website. This can make sure the process is smooth and the website is effective when complete. Here’s what you need to know in order to be prepared for your upcoming website design:
1. Goals. Rate your goals from 1 to 10, with 10 being the more important. Whether it’s branding, professional image, promote products, sell products, boost communication, etc., you should have your goals written down and prioritized to help ensure a smooth and successful web design experience.
2. Content. What will appear on your site, and how would you like to see it done? Really think about this part. What do you all need on there? How many pages? What images? Any special functions? Write out the content for all pages you need. This is your chance to plan.
3. Domain Name. What name have you come up with for a domain name? Is it available? Check out this free tool to help you creatively search for available domain names. Your domain name is very important and should be somewhat easy to understand and relatively short. Contact us to register and host your domain!
4. Logos or Graphics. You should have a logo ready to be placed onto your website. If you don’t have a company logo, contact us and we can design one for you. Do you have additional graphics for the slider or gallery? Do you have a specific font you like? These are all important.
5. Color. Let the designer know if you have specific colors you want or want it to match your current branding. A light background with high contract color works best for readability. List your ideas.
6. Navigational Elements. Links on your homepage should have links to all other pages on your site so search engines can easily index your site. Do you want your menu on the top or side? Do you want a one page responsive theme? Where do you want buttons? Do you want sub pages? Contact forms? Social media links? Keep these all in mind.
7. Basics. Page titles, font size preference, page descriptions, contact information, etc. What emails do you want created for you and your company? Gather all of these items.
8. Photos. Be sure to gather all photos necessary for the design of your website. Make sure you own copyrights or download stock images that are royalty free. If you have products, we suggest you take high quality pictures.
After gathering these items and having a plan, your web designer should be able to do his job more effectively and ensure a smooth process from start to finish. Thanks for reading and be sure to contact Market Me Management to get your website up today! We offer FREE consultations and are here for every step of the way. We educate our clients and teach you how to use your website.